Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) is comprised of aggregates (sand and stone), bituminous material (liquid petroleum binder), and additives. This mixture provides a very strong, flexible, and durable material to pave the roadways. Appropriate production and mixture of these materials are vital to the quality of HMA roadways.
This course introduces you with all the materials that is commonly use in producing HMA mixtures, including
- Coarse Aggregates
- Fine Aggregate
- Mineral Filler & Baghouse Fines
- Liquid Binder
- Tack Coat
- Additives & Fibers
- Lime & Anti-Stripping Agent
- Recycled Materials RAP & RAS
In this course, we delve deeper into acceptable requirements and criteria set by the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) for using such material in HMA mixture production.
This course is also offered as a section of our Inspection of Hot Mix Asphalt course.
- Get familiarized with different types of material used in the production of the HMA mixture.
- Learn TxDOT requirements for using specific material in the HMA mixture.
- Learn about asphalt antistripping agents and cover the TxDOT specifications on this item.
- Learn about the TxDOT standard specifications on asphalt binder.
- Learn about where to get the material and the TxDOT acceptable materials producers.
- Get familiarized with the recycled material that we are allowed to use in the HMA mixture.
- Self-Paced, Online, On-Demand 3-hour Course.
- Access to an Easy navigation Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- Course is broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $200
Duration: 3 hours
More than 10 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Click here to see Payment Options and Refund Policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093