Every year, state transportation agencies spend millions of dollars to build and maintain road and highway pavements. Hot Mix Asphalt (HMA) is one of the most used materials to pave roads and highways in the U.S. Hot Mix Asphalt consists of aggregates (sand and stone), bituminous material (liquid petroleum binder), and additives. This mixture provides a very strong, flexible, and durable material to pave the roadways. Paving a road with HMA involves many small steps that should be carried out properly to reach a high-quality road. Therefore, a careful inspection of this item of work is necessary to make sure the contractor is performing the job in compliance with the specified requirements, and the taxpayer’s money is spent appropriately.
This course provides you with the information to be able to inspect Hot Mix Asphalt item of work. By the end of this course, (1) you will understand the duties of an inspector to inspect this item of work, (2) You will get familiarize with the contractor’s process, construction process, and the equipment used, (3) you will understand the required tests and their test procedures, and (4) you will know why it is important to inspect this item of work. During the course, trainees will get familiarized with the best practices and lessons learned from real-world projects. For instance, how to efficiently do the measurements and perform calculations to determine how much material is delivered to the job site and laid on the road. Finally, you will learn how to document and pay for this item of work.
- Understand the contractor’s process and equipment used during hot-mix asphalt production.
- Understand why it is important to get hot-mix asphalt produced and placed correctly.
- Learn proper placement and construction procedures for hot-mix asphalt paving to ensure that uniform material is placed in the correct thickness and is compacted correctly.
- Find and understand the requirements from the applicable contract documents needed to inspect hot-mix asphalt.
- Identify the hot-mix asphalt and understand the tests that will be run on the material.
- Be able to document and pay for this item of work.
- Self-Paced, Online, On Demand 12-hour Course.
- Easy to navigate using our Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- Course broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $475
Duration: 12 hours
More than 50 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Click here to see Payment Options and Refund Policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093