The building of a roadway is very complicated and involves various stages of construction. Excavation and embankment are among the most important stages of roadway construction. Excavation is the removal of the existing ground soil, and embankment is the building up of soil material. The goal of excavation and embankment is to level out the area we are going to build the road on and to make sure the area drains properly. Excavation and embankment involve many small steps that should be carried out properly to reach a desirable result. Therefore, inspection of these items of work is very important in roadway construction. An inspector makes sure that the contractor is performing the job in compliance with the specified requirements.
This course provides you with the information to be able to inspect roadway Excavation. Once you have finished this course, you will understand the duties of an inspector, inspecting this item of work. You will understand the contractor’s process and equipment used. Ultimately, you will learn why it is important to get this phase of construction right. The student will be able to identify basic material properties and how these material properties will affect construction and performance. For instance, working with a very wet clay-like material is different than working with a sandier-type material. You will also learn how to document and pay for this item of work.
Although Excavation and Embankment are two separate bid items, they are closely linked to one another. We highly recommend taking these two courses to have a better understanding of the whole process.
- Identify requirements for excavation, all types of embankment material, and the construction process.
- Summarize tests related to excavated soils.
- Perform sampling from stockpiles.
- Determine contractor compliance.
- Determine the need for reworking and refinishing.
- Outline grade and alignment staking process.
- Calculate quantities for every unit of measure and calculate payment to the contractor.
- Self-Paced, Online, On-Demand 20-hour Course.
- Easy to navigate using our Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- The course is broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get an inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $400
Duration: 9.5 hours
More than 40 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Pay online using PayPal
Click here to see the Refund policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093