Every construction project requires a process that includes the resources and procedures to plan, monitor, and control all the phases of the project. This process is called “project Controls.” This process helps managers in many tasks, such as measuring progress and defining productivity, managing direct and indirect costs, controlling risks, making sure to meet all the compliances, and planning for future projections. One of the most important duties of an inspector is to keep a daily record of what happens on the jobsite. Daily work report (DWR) is an essential component of project controls, which provides accurate information about the project progress and expenses. This record-keeping tool is very beneficial when it comes to disputes and resolutions between contractors and the Project Owner.
This course covers the following topics about the projects controls of the highway construction projects:
- Daily work reports
- Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE) program
- Commercially Useful Function (CUF) reviews for labor compliances
During the course, trainees will get familiarized with the DWRs and how to create one on the TxDOT SiteManager website. You will learn how to add equipment and pay for an item of work. Trainees are provided with the information about DBE program, Davis Bacon Act, and related labor compliances. Finally, you will learn how to perform CUF reviews and fill out TxDOT labor interview forms.
- Get familiar with DWR and its importance in the record-keeping process.
- Learn how to properly create a DWR in TxDOT SiteManager.
- Learn how to add information to a DWR, such as weather conditions, equipment, personnel, as well as paying for an item of work.
- Get familiarized with the DBE program, Davis Bacon Act, CUF reviews.
- Learn how to perform a CUF review and fill out the labor compliance forms.
- Self-Paced, Online, On-Demand 3-hour Course.
- Easy to navigate using our Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- Course broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $250
Duration: 3 hours
More than 10 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Click here to see Payment Options and Refund Policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093