Inspecting Excavation and Embankment 101
Online On Demand Training Course
Course Description: The building of a roadway is very complicated and involves various stages of construction. Excavation and embankment are among the most important stages of roadway construction as these processes are the foundation to quality pavements. The goal of excavation and embankment is to level out the area we are going to build the road on and to make sure the area drains properly.
This course provides you with the information to be able to inspect roadway excavation and embankment. Once you have finished this course, you will understand the duties of an inspector, inspecting these items of work. You will understand the contractor’s process and equipment used, learn proper placement and construction procedures and you will know why it is important to get this phase of construction right.
The student will be able to identify basic material properties and how these material properties will affect construction and performance. The student will be able to describe the proper placement and compacting techniques, and what must happen in order for the subgrade to be accepted. Finally, you will learn to document, measure and pay for this item of work.
Inspecting Excavation and Embankment
- Identify requirements for excavation, all types of embankment material and the construction process.
- Summarize tests related to building embankments and subgrade
- Perform sampling
- Explain proper placement and construction procedures for earth/rock embankment.
- Determine contractor compliance
- Determine the need for reworking, re-compaction and refinishing
- Outline grade and alignment staking process
- Calculate quantities for every unit of measure and calculate payment to contractor
- Self Paced, Online On Demand 12 hour Course easy to navigate using the Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login
- Course broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes
- Quizzes ending every class presentation
- Certificate of completion
- Reference Library
- Downloadable Inspector Aides
- Online VRX Institute support
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes
Course Content: Click Here to see an example of the course
Questions email email@example.com
Pay online using credit card
Click here to see Refund policy
*TxDOT has not reviewed, approved or endorsed the class or the materials provided therein.