Every year, millions of lives are saved by the metal beam guard fence system along the roadsides. The purpose of a guard fence is to protect drivers who leave the roadway travel lanes from entering a steep slope, colliding with roadside objects, hitting a bridge rail end, and so much more. A high-quality guard fence absorbs the energy from the impact; containing and redirecting the vehicle back onto the roadway. One of the most important factors affecting the quality and functionality of a guard fence system is the proper installation of the system.
This course provides you with information about different types of metal beam guard fence systems and their components. You will get familiarized with the contractor’s installation process, and the equipment used. You will learn how to inspect this item of work during and after installation, and how to perform appropriate methods of measurement and visual inspections to make sure the system is in compliance with the guidance and recommendations. And finally, you will learn how to measure and pay for this item of work and perform appropriate documentation along with your inspection.
- Identify requirements for excavation, all types of embankment material, and the construction process.
- Summarize tests related to building embankments and subgrade.
- Perform sampling.
- Explain proper placement and construction procedures for earth/rock embankment.
- Determine contractor compliance.
- Determine the need for reworking, re-compaction, and refinishing.
- Outline grade and alignment staking process.
- Calculate quantities for every unit of measure and calculate payment to the contractor.
- More than 3 hours of self-paced, online, on-demand course.
- Access to an Easy navigation Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- Course is broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $199
Duration: 3 hours
More than 15 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Pay online using PayPal
Click here to see Refund policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093