Inspecting roadway concrete paving is essential to ensure compliance with standards, identify and rectify construction defects, and promote project efficiency. Concrete pavements are subject to rigorous design and engineering guidelines to ensure their structural integrity, durability, and performance. By conducting thorough inspections during the construction phase, professionals can verify that the materials, techniques, and processes employed adhere to the required specifications and standards. Timely identification and correction of construction defects such as inadequate compaction or improper curing prevent future problems. Inspections also facilitate effective project management, allowing for collaboration, feedback, and clarification among stakeholders. By prioritizing inspections, the construction process becomes more transparent, accountable, and efficient, resulting in high-quality and durable roadways.
This course provides you with the information to be able to inspect concrete paving items of work. By the end of this course, you will be introduced to the duties of an inspector to inspect this item of work, You will get familiarized with the contractor’s process, construction process, and the equipment used, you will be able to identify the required tests and their test procedures, and you will know why it is important to inspect this item of work. During the course, trainees will get familiarized with the best practices and lessons learned from real-world projects.
- Identify the contractor’s process and equipment used during concrete paving.
- Get familiarized with concrete mixing plants and concrete paving equipment.
- Explain and get familiarized with the relative items in the specification and standards.
- Summarize how to sample material for testing, and verify the material is from an approved supplier.
- Explain the curing of concrete and the importance of that in the acceptance of the work.
- Identify how to inspect for compliance and key measurements.
- Calculate quantities to be paid and summarize for monthly payment.
- More than 3 hours of self-paced, online, on-demand course.
- Access to an Easy Navigation Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- The course is broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get an inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, and retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $450
Duration: 3 hours
More than 15 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Click here to see Payment Options and Refund Policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093