The building of a roadway is very complicated and involves various stages of construction. Excavation and embankment are among the most important stages of roadway construction as these processes are the foundation to quality pavements. The goal of excavation and embankment is to level out the area we are going to build the road on and to make sure the area drains properly.
This course provides you with the information to be able to inspect roadway excavation and embankment. Once you have finished this course, you will understand the duties of an inspector, inspecting these items of work. You will understand the contractor’s process and equipment used, learn proper placement and construction procedures and you will know why it is important to get this phase of construction right.
The student will be able to identify basic material properties and how these material properties will affect construction and performance. The student will be able to describe the proper placement and compacting techniques, and what must happen in order for the subgrade to be accepted. Finally, you will learn to document, measure, and pay for this item of work.
- Identify requirements for excavation, all types of embankment material, and the construction process.
- Summarize tests related to building embankments and subgrade.
- Perform sampling.
- Explain proper placement and construction procedures for earth/rock embankment.
- Determine contractor compliance.
- Determine the need for reworking, re-compaction, and refinishing.
- Outline grade and alignment staking process.
- Calculate quantities for every unit of measure and calculate payment to the contractor.
- Self-Paced, Online, On-Demand 20-hour Course.
- Easy to navigate using our Learning Management System.
- Learning Management System Login.
- Course broken into video presentations lasting 5 -20 minutes.
- Quizzes ending every class module/Final Exam.
- Certificate of Completion that qualifies you to get inspector level I Certificate.
- Reference Library.
- Downloadable Inspector Aides.
- Online VRX Institute support.
- Stop, start, rewind, retake classes.
Click below to see an example of the course content.
Course Fee: $249
Duration: 20 hours
More than 90 video modules
Certificate of Completion
Pay online using PayPal
Click here to see Refund policy
Questions about the course may be sent to:
2500 N. Dallas Pkwy.
Plano, TX 75093