VRX staff members have worked as extension of staff to the North Texas Tollway Authority (NTTA) since 2007.
From 2012 through 2021, VRX served as the prime Maintenance Management Consultant (MMC) for the NTTA. In this role, VRX supported the management and administration of the NTTA Maintenance Department’s activities by providing the following:
- Program management for maintenance of NTTA assets
- Project development including scheduling, budgeting, cost estimating and annual inspection/condition assessment
- Emergency response, repair, design and inspection
- Environmental compliance and oversight
- Oversight of roadway repairs by NTTA in-house forces
- PS&E for Maintenance Department budgeted and non-budgeted projects
- MS4/Environmental compliance, including site remediation as needed
- 5-year capital improvement plan update in support of the preservation of NTTA assets
- Project feasibility studies
- Identification of appropriate maintenance and repair actions and cycles to minimize the deterioration of assets
During our work as MMC, VRX successfully implemented programs to more efficiently manage more than $3.4B worth of NTTA assets. VRX’s streamlining of the roadway profile improvement process has resulted in an average design cost savings of 75% percent.
In 2022, VRX transitioned to serve the NTTA as the Authority’s General Engineering Consultant (GEC).